How to Submit
For submission questions, please use the form on the "Contact" page to reach one of the editors, who can guide you through the process.
The submission should be made by email to the Editorial Board at editors [dot] phulrev [at] gmail [dot] com. The submission should include:
- A brief biography of the author, including a minimum of the name of the author, expected graduation date, and current major.
- The author's email address and phone number.
- The title of the submission and an abstract (not to exceed 250 words).
- The submission in .doc or .docx format.
- Please include the title and word count on the cover page of the submission.
- Authors may submit articles, research papers, and/or essays dealing with any field, so long as the submission clearly relates to substantive legal issues. In addition to strictly legal analysis, prior submissions have examined areas where the law intersects with public policy, philosophy, history, and theology.
- The Board strongly prefers submissions that are less than 10,000 words (including footnotes, excluding tables, figures, or appendices).
- While authors may submit in any citation style containing pincites, the Board prefers that citations be formatted according to the citation style of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Eighteenth Edition (Law Review style). Citations in all published articles will be converted to comply with Bluebook requirements.
- Body text should be double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 point font or another serif font of similar size. Footnotes should be single-spaced in Times New Roman 10 point font or another serif font of similar size.
- The Board reserves the right to show preference to submissions from Patrick Henry College students over those from other institutions.
- The Board reserves the right to reject a submission for any reason without explanation.